Back to school season is right around the corner! Many people are starting fresh this year and beginning a new chapter in their education! Maybe in high school you weren’t the most well-dressed man, but freshman year of college is the perfect opportunity for a style rebirth! From new shoes to neckties, there are ways you could step out of your unstylish past and embrace a more pristine and put together look! Your past is behind you, and the time to hang up the graphic t-shirt and baggy jeans is now! Below are a few helpful style tips for the college freshman:
- Just because you aren’t attending an Ivy school doesn’t mean you can’t have Ivy style! Consider striped neckties, sweaters, and blazers your new best friend. These preppy staples will have you looking put together and polished with little to no effort!
- Leave the graphic t-shirts back in high school! When you dress, try not to look like a walking advertisement! Opt for fitted plain t-shirts and casual button downs!
- Basics speak volumes and will make you look put together, effortless and cool. Opt for a pair of slim dark jeans, and casual boots that can be dressed up or down with a blazer or casual jacket. A necktie looks great with a button down shirt and jeans, and will surely you get you noticed this back to school season.
- If you didn’t have to wear a necktie during high school, embrace one in college! Neckties will make you look more dignified, stylish and get you noticed!
- Dress like you have a purpose! There’s no reason you can’t wear a necktie everyday! Keep your outfits low-key, cool and polished! Style is learned over time, and back to school is the perfect opportunity to create your own!