A necktie is supposed to help make you appear put together and dapper, but there are many faux pas people make when wearing a necktie. Here are common mistakes many men make when wearing a necktie, and how to avoid them:
- Poorly tied: A poorly tied necktie is not excusable. When you don’t properly tie your tie, you look sloppy and not put together. Clip-on ties and zipper ties always have the perfect knot, and can ensure your tie looks great every day. If you struggle with tying the perfect knot, why not make the switch?
- The too short necktie: At NecktieEmporium.com, we carry a variety of different length neckties for the tall man and the short. The perfect tie should hit just above the belt, and not be any higher or lower. Avoid the poorly sized tie by shopping Necktie Emporium.
- Clashing colors: Mixing patterns is an art and can be done, but there are certain things that do not work together! Always stick with neutrals and compatible colors when trying to think outside of the box when getting dressed.
- Wrinkled or stained neckties: Do we really have to address why this should be avoided?
- Wrong width: Some outfits look just plain bad with the wrong width tie. We carry a selection of different widths for every man.
- The wrong tie for the occasion: Wearing an informal tie to a formal event or vice versa is a huge faux pas.