If you’re new to the world of neckties and are looking to start a nice collection of attractive neckwear accessories, it’s important to begin with a solid line up. We think it’s best to begin your collection 5 mainstays and working from there. Here are our favorite 5 neckties to start you off:
- Navy Blue Necktie: A solid navy tie really goes with anything! You can easily dress a navy tie up or down, and it pairs well with a myriad of different colors. We don’t suggest pairing it with black.
- Black necktie: what says classic like a solid black necktie? A solid black necktie is the perfect tie to have for formal events, and can even be worn casually. You can never fail with a simple black necktie.
- Striped Necktie: Striped neckties are style stapes and can be worn all year round. From edgy looks to preppy looks, you can achieve them and more with a striped necktie. Every man should have one of these prep style staples in their lineup.
- Skinny necktie: A skinny tie is classic and currently in style. These can be worn casually or with a slim lapel blazer. If you’re more on the cutting edge side of style, you must own a skinny necktie.
- Patterned Necktie: You have to have one tie that is a little fun and edgy! Not to be worn all of the time, but perfect to mix things up a bit, a patterned necktie should hold a nice spot in your oeuvre of neckties.