When it comes to accessories, there aren’t many choices for men. Of course the necktie is the number one accessory that can really help a man’s outfit shine and stand out, but other than neckties, watches, and modest jewelry, how else can a man look his best? Well, a lot of men often forget about the pocket square. A pocket square when worn well can make a man transform from an average Joe into a style maven. However, many men don’t know how to fold a pocket square.
- Place the pocket square on a clean, flat surface.
- Fold one side of the pocket square to the others so you get two overlapping triangles.
- Fold one side in and repeat for the opposite side.
- Place the folded pocket square in your breast pocket and adjust accordingly to your desired appearance.
- If you want to experiment with a more “fashion forward” look, throw the square in your pocket, and play around with it until it looks messy but put together.
A pocket square much like an attractive necktie can really pull a look together. Keep in mind that your pocket square and necktie do not have to match 100%, but should be complimentary of each other.