From the Great Gatsby to Mad Men, neckties are making their way back into popular culture! The necktie used to be worn by men of higher status, and was an absolute must-have accessory for many years. Throughout time, men’s style become more relaxed, and the widespread wearing of ties became a thing of the past, or something required for only formal events. However, now more and more men are once again introducing this masculine accessory back into their wardrobe. Whether opting for an easy men’s clip on tie, or the classic do it yourself, wearing a tie can help people perceive you as more of a gentleman and help you achieve a more cohesive look overall. Why is the necktie making such a big comeback? It could because many television shows and films feature characters who wear a necktie, and wear it well. Below are our top 5 stylish men’s television shows:
- Suits (USA Network): Suits, a USA Network drama series is a show about lawyers and their law firm. The two main characters are always dressed well, and the wearing of neckties is very prominent.
- Mad Men (AMC): A men’s style favorite! The many men of Mad Men almost are never seen without a beautifully tied necktie adorning their necks.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS): Barney Stinson, a fan favorite of How I Met Your Mother is always dressed in full suit and tie. Primetime never looked better!
- House of Lies (Showtime): This hilarious and often dramatic series is full of style! The characters are always seen in full suit and tie!
- Boardwalk Empire (HBO): Thick knots and wide ties are a favorite on this Prohibition based drama series! Three piece suits never looked better.